How to Make Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls
The best Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls are made with a brioche dough and a Brown Butter Cream Cheese Frosting.
Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls consist of three components:
1. Sourdough Brioche Dough
2. Cinnamon Sugar Filling
3. Brown Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
How to Make the Rolls Extra Fluffy
• The trick to make cinnamon rolls extra fluffy is to use a "yudane".
• Mix flour and boiled water together to create a paste (yudane). This will give them a pull apart texture!
Mix Brioche Ingredients
• Mix bread flour, sourdough starter, milk, eggs, yudane, sugar, salt, and butter together.
• Mix until the dough passes the "windowpane test"
Bulk Fermentation & Overnight Proof
• Proof the dough for about five hours in a warm location until doubled in size.
• Place in the refrigerator overnight.
Make Cinnamon Sugar Filling
• The next day, make the cinnamon sugar filling.
• Simply mix together ground cinnamon and dark brown sugar in a bowl.
Roll Out the Dough and Shape
• Roll out the chilled dough into a rectangle.
• Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar filling on top.
• Roll up the dough into a log and slice into eight equal sized cinnamon rolls.
• Proof the rolls in a cast iron skillet or round pan until doubled in size, about five hours.
• When proofed, the rolls will fill up the pan and feel full of air.
Bake the Rolls
· Bake the rolls at 375ºF for 25 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
Make the Brown Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
• Mix together browned butter, cream cheese, salt, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
Frost & Enjoy!
• Frost the warm sourdough cinnamon rolls, pull-apart, and enjoy!
Learn how to make these perfect Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls and other delicious recipes on SourdoughBrandon.com
All recipes include visual guides with photos of the entire baking process.