Sourdough Sandwich Bread Recipe
Make homemade, soft sandwich bread that tastes better than store-bought bread with this easy recipe.
· Bread Flour
· Sourdough Starter
· Dried milk powder (optional)
· Melted, unsalted butter
· Whole Milk
1. Mix Ingredients
· Mix all of the dough ingredients together until the dough can be stretched thinly without tearing aka the "windowpane test"
2. Bulk Fermentation (First Rise)
· Place the sandwich bread dough into a bowl and let rise until doubled in size.
3. Overnight Proof
· Place the dough into the refrigerator to proof overnight and up to 48 hours.
4. Shape the Dough
· The next day, roll out the dough into a long oval.
· Roll up the dough into a log and place in a bread loaf pan for its final proof.
5. Final Proof
· The shaped sandwich bread dough proofs in the pan until doubled in size and rises above the pan.
· Brush the bread dough with melted butter.
· Bake the bread for 35 minutes at 375ºF (190ºC).
Slice & Enjoy!
· Slice the soft sourdough sandwich bread and enjoy just as you would store-bought sandwich bread!
Ways to use Sourdough Sandwich Bread
The sandwich bread makes excellent breakfast toast, lunch sandwiches, and grilled cheeses!
Learn how to make this soft sourdough sandwich bread along with other sourdough recipes at sourdoughbrandon.com!
All recipes include visual guides with photos of the entire baking process.