Panzanella with Peaches & Burrata
Learn how to make this easy and perfect summer salad!
What is Panzanella?
• Panzanella is a rustic, Italian bread salad from Tuscany using day-old bread, fresh tomatoes, and basil.
• This version adds peaches for sweetness and burrata for creaminess!
• Half a loaf of day-old, crusty sourdough bread.
• 1 pound tomatoes (heirloom or cherry)
• 3 peaches
• ½ red onion
• 1 cup fresh basil
• 1-2 balls burrata cheese
1. Make Sourdough Croutons
• Tear apart half a loaf of sourdough bread into bite sized pieces
• Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper
• Bake at 350ºF (177ºC) for 20-25 mins
2. Chop Vegetables & Peaches
• Thinly slice ½ red onion, 3 peaches, 1 pound tomatoes, and fresh basil. Set aside.
3. Make Vinaigrette
• ⅓ cup olive oil
2 TBS red wine vinegar
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• 1 grated garlic clove
• Salt & Pepper
Whisk until emulsified.
4. Assemble Salad
• Place the croutons on a platter
• Top with the chopped ingredients and dressing. Toss and let sit for 30mins to soak flavors.
• Top with 1-2 balls burrata cheese
• This panzanella makes 4 servings and is the perfect summer salad for gatherings or as a side dish!
Get the full Panzanella recipe with detailed visual guide and other sourdough recipes on SourdoughBrandon.com